by Kostas K.
I recently found a very easy way to open a bank account in Germany, and I would like to share it with you and other smart bank customers on this very informative website.
- The name of the bank is Wirecard Bank (www.wirecardbank.de)
- It is a real bank account with German IBAN
- It can be opened online – takes only a few minutes
- Needs only passport for opening
- It is suitable for people all over the world
- It has a debit card & ebanking
- The whole procedure is in English
- It allows people to choose their billing address in case they don’t want their real address in the account for some reason
Very easy way to open bank account in Germany
- You create an account at www.Payoneer.com (Payoneer is a US Company that lets people open 2 bank accounts very easily for free: one in US and one in Germany).
- The registration form is very simple, needs just a passport.
- For people with non US or EU passports, there is a slight chance that the application might be rejected or delayed. To avoid that, it is adviced to first create an account at a website affiliated with Payoneer, such as www.Infolinks.com (you can read about the procedure here http://goo.gl/OvQQG5). However for most people, setting a Payoneer account is enough.
- The account creation is confirmed by email a few hours/days after registration
- In your Payoneer account you can see the Bank account numbers, IBAN, Swift details etc.
- After a few days, you receive by mail the 2 debit cards (one for the US account and one for the EU account).
- Please notice that you receive the debit cards at the address you put during registration. That address is also the billing address of your debit card transactions and it can’t be changed afterwards (the billing country cannot be changed, but the rest of the address can). Which means that if for any reason someone needs a different billing address than his real one, he can put the desired address during registration , provided that he has access to this address, and the debit cards will be eventually forwarded to him.
- After the debit cards are received, they can be activated at the Payoneer website and also choose the desired 4-digit pin.
And that’s all!
There is a chance that during registration only the US account is created and not the German one. That can be seen in the Payoneer website under the menu tab “Receive”. Under that tab the user should see “US Payment Service” and “EU Payment Service”. If only “US Payment Service” is there, only the US Bank Account is created.
To activate the German Bank Account, the user can start an online chat session at https://payoneer.custhelp.com/app/Contact_us and should ask for “EU Payment Service”. If they ask for the reason the best answer is to “receive EU payments”.
After a few minutes the German Bank Account is created and he receives the German Debit Card at the initial registration address after a few days.
This Bank account has a lot of positives, but also a few negatives
- Only the first EUR 10,000 are visible in online banking in Payoneer Website. This means that if someone puts EUR 8,000 in the account, everything will work fine, but if he puts EUR 15,000 he will just see 10,000. This doesn’t mean that the rest 5,000 vanished, but that they are not visible. But if he keeps spending, at some point the account will go below EUR 10,000 and the real balance will be seen.
- The account is only for one beneficiary. You can’t add a second one.
- There is a daily limit of EUR 5,000 for wire transfers, ATM and POS withdrawals.
“Open the Accounts with Payoneer”
… in Germany an in the US!
That will you see, if you login the first time on your new account:
Frequently read articles about account opening in Germany:
- Number26: Free German bank account with free MasterCard
- Open the account on DKB (German bank in Germany)
- How to open a bank account in Germany (via Internet)