Open a bank account in Germany and USA
by Kostas K.
I recently found a very easy way to open a bank account in Germany, and I would like to share it with you and other smart bank customers on this very informative website.
- The name of the bank is Wirecard Bank (www.wirecardbank.de)
- It is a real bank account with German IBAN
- It can be opened online – takes only a few minutes
- Needs only passport for opening
- It is suitable for people all over the world
- It has a debit card & ebanking
- The whole procedure is in English
- It allows people to choose their billing address in case they don’t want their real address in the account for some reason
Very easy way to open bank account in Germany
- You create an account at www.Payoneer.com (Payoneer is a US Company that lets people open 2 bank accounts very easily for free: one in US and one in Germany).
- The registration form is very simple, needs just a passport.
- For people with non US or EU passports, there is a slight chance that the application might be rejected or delayed. To avoid that, it is adviced to first create an account at a website affiliated with Payoneer, such as www.Infolinks.com (you can read about the procedure here http://goo.gl/OvQQG5). However for most people, setting a Payoneer account is enough.
- The account creation is confirmed by email a few hours/days after registration
- In your Payoneer account you can see the Bank account numbers, IBAN, Swift details etc.
- After a few days, you receive by mail the 2 debit cards (one for the US account and one for the EU account).
- Please notice that you receive the debit cards at the address you put during registration. That address is also the billing address of your debit card transactions and it can’t be changed afterwards (the billing country cannot be changed, but the rest of the address can). Which means that if for any reason someone needs a different billing address than his real one, he can put the desired address during registration , provided that he has access to this address, and the debit cards will be eventually forwarded to him.
- After the debit cards are received, they can be activated at the Payoneer website and also choose the desired 4-digit pin.
And that’s all!
There is a chance that during registration only the US account is created and not the German one. That can be seen in the Payoneer website under the menu tab “Receive”. Under that tab the user should see “US Payment Service” and “EU Payment Service”. If only “US Payment Service” is there, only the US Bank Account is created.
To activate the German Bank Account, the user can start an online chat session at https://payoneer.custhelp.com/app/Contact_us and should ask for “EU Payment Service”. If they ask for the reason the best answer is to “receive EU payments”.
After a few minutes the German Bank Account is created and he receives the German Debit Card at the initial registration address after a few days.
This Bank account has a lot of positives, but also a few negatives
- Only the first EUR 10,000 are visible in online banking in Payoneer Website. This means that if someone puts EUR 8,000 in the account, everything will work fine, but if he puts EUR 15,000 he will just see 10,000. This doesn’t mean that the rest 5,000 vanished, but that they are not visible. But if he keeps spending, at some point the account will go below EUR 10,000 and the real balance will be seen.
- The account is only for one beneficiary. You can’t add a second one.
- There is a daily limit of EUR 5,000 for wire transfers, ATM and POS withdrawals.
“Open the Accounts with Payoneer”
… in Germany an in the US!
That will you see, if you login the first time on your new account:
Frequently read articles about account opening in Germany:
- Number26: Free German bank account with free MasterCard
- Open the account on DKB (German bank in Germany)
- How to open a bank account in Germany (via Internet)
My husband and I live in the U.S. and would like to open an account in Germany for when we vacation there, especially while the exchange rates are good right now. If this opens an account in both the US and Germany, can you simply transfer the money from the US account to the German account? What is the best way to send money to the German account?
Also, when you say it can only be for one beneficiary, I assume that only one person can be on the account and not two?
Also, are there savings accounts that can be opened by foreigners where one can access the funds easily at any time?
Thank you in advance for your assistance!
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
these are very good and interesting questions. However, I myself do not have the answers, as I am still a freshman regarding the experiences with Payoneer.
In future, I will write further articles about such subjects, as soon as there are substantial facts and own experiences. This guest article was a gift of a reader, who wanted to help us.
I am thankful and glad for the additions with experiences and tipps to the articles through the comments feature. I hope it will help many people, who search an account for such challenges.
Thank you. Yours sincerely
Do you know if it still possible to open an account at DKB or Comdirect from Brazil and being a Brazilian? I saw in some articles in the site that it would be possible but also saw in comment that wouldn’t.
And about Wire Bank, so I would have an account in USA and one in Germany. It is simple to transfer from one branch to another?
And congratulation for the site. It is awesome.
Can this German bank account associated with Payoneer able to receive international wire, SWIFT, EFT transfers alongside EU SEPA Transfers?
Yes, I think so.
DKB is a real bank, not only a payment provider of services 😉
Actually I’m not talking about DKB, it’s about EU Payment Service of Payoneer account. When I applied for Payoneer EU Payment Service, they sent me a EURO Currency Card and a German Bank account with IBAN and BIC. But the question is can I use these account information (IBAN and BIC) for receiving international wire/EFT transfer?
I do a regestration they ask my bank account details. The real one here in my country and they send me email they confirm the account what next ! Where is the German account where I can see the IBAN and bank account details